Friday, September 26, 2014

Review: Baba's Wood Cafe, Panaji


I have been in Goa for good 8 months now but have hardly tried eating out and lot of it has to do with the fact that I am vegetarian and Goa is primarily known for its sea food. 



Last week I was happy to discover Baba's wood cafe, very close to Latin Quarters of Fountainhas. Located in a quaint lane, first thing you see is the designer furniture shop with aesthetically displayed furniture and art work from many local artist. Some parts of the walls have been painted to make it look like a small town. 


On the right is a kitchen with a blackboard displaying the special dishes of the day, giving a very European look to the place. At the end of the Kitchen is a traditional oven where Pizzas are baked on wood fire. 

Maria, the owner of this Cafe told me that they are the only authentic Italian cuisine in Panaji. I ordered a Pizza, and loved it. It had vegetables, just a hint of cheese and was thin crust baked right in front of me. I also tried lemon shorbet - it was a bit too sweet for me, but it could be because I am off sweets and tend to feel it more than others. Next time, I want to try their soups, salads and of course pastas and Gelato. 


I also realize this is a place very popular with locals specially for the Italian wines that they can taste here.

If you like Italian food, head to Baba's Wood Cafe when you are in Goa.

Goa being a popular tourist destination, most coupons & vouchers websites offer excellent deal on travel sites like Expedia India or GoIbibo. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment